Wednesday 9 May 2012

number of reflections

From: West,Dayne M
Date: 9 May 2012 03:32

When I index data, high resolution for example, I can get over 100,000 reflections.  However, when I refine using PHENIX, it says only around 40,000.  I am wondering why the number of reflections don't match up.  I notice that the resolution range in PHENIX does not match that in HKL2000.  I assumed the resolution range could be altered, but if it is using data from the indexing (output.sca file) I figured it would match. Can anybody explain why this is?  It confuses me figuring out which number of reflections to use when writing tables.  I normally use the number from the indexing file.  Is this something related to default parameters in PHENIX?

----------
From: Tim Gruene

Dear   ...,
are you by any chance comparing merged with unmerged data?

Tim
- --
- --
Dr Tim Gruene


No comments:

Post a Comment