Wednesday 3 October 2012

Professor Dame Louise Johnson

From: <elizabeth.duke


It is with great sadness that I would like to inform the crystallographic community of the death of one of the great pioneers of the field, Professor Dame Louise Johnson.

 

Those of us who had the privilege to work alongside her benefitted greatly from her vision for extending technique and instrumentation such that increasingly complex problems could be successfully solved and found her quiet determination to succeed inspirational.

 


 


 

----------
From: Gloria Borgstahl k


This indeed is sad news for today. 
I just wanted to note that Professor Johnson's early papers on time-resolved crystallography truly inspired me to continue in crystallography, influenced my decision for my first postdoctoral position and to push the limits.  I still have the carefully highlighted photocopies (yes used a photocopier and a real bound journal in gradual school) in my filing cabinet next to my office.
 
My condolences to those close to her and her family.  Gloria


----------
From: Laurie Betts

What a great lady to have inspired so many, and to remind us how welcoming the field of X-ray crystallography has been in general for women because of people like Dr. Johnson, Dorothy Hodgkin, and Rosalind Franklin, and many others. 

----------
From: Felix Frolow


As a devoted reader of the "Protein Crystallography" - the first and only comprehensive manual of the protein crystallography,
I express my deep sorrow on the departure from us of  DBE Commander, Professor Louise Johnson.
May her soul rest in peace. 
In full honor,

Dr Felix Frolow   


----------
From: vellieux


A very nice picture of Prof. Louise Johnson can be found on

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wellcomeimages/5814718414/

The picture was taken at Diamond's IO2 beam line.

Condolences to her family and friends.

Fred.

----------
From: Enrico Stura


Professor Dame Louise Johnson was my thesis supervisor and I am saddened by
her departure.

I would like to encourage the crystallographic community to contribute to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Johnson
so that her achievemens can be remenbered and can continue to inspire
future generations of crystallographers.

Those that have access to a copyright -free photograph can upload it to Wikipedia Commons:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I would like to extend my condolences her family and all her friends.

Enrico.


2 comments:

  1. amazing Article.....
    you can also reach out to:- https://www.mastersindia.co/blog/gst-portal-login/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article.
    Do visit our website: https://www.mastersindia.co/gst-calculator/

    ReplyDelete