Monday 31 October 2011

buccaneer_pipeline failure (ccp4 6.2.0)



From: Frank von Delft
Date: 17 October 2011 20:30


Hi, we got around to switching to ccp4 version 6.2.0, but now buccaneer fails from the GUI.  Below is what shows up if you view the com file before execution; and below that the logfile.

Seems to me it's using the wrong python executable;  the first one on my path is certainly nothing to do with ccp4, so now wonder it can't import. 

Shouldn't python be invoked explicitly with its full path?  Where can I set this?  (Mind you, setting it in the Run&View didn't work.)
Cheers
phx



   
Run&View Com File:
python -u /usr/local/ccp4/6.2.0/ccp4-6.2.0/bin/buccaneer_pipeline -stdin


Logfile
#CCP4I VERSION CCP4Interface 2.1.0
#CCP4I SCRIPT LOG buccaneer_pipeline
#CCP4I DATE 17 Oct 2011  18:45:20
#CCP4I USER loretta
#CCP4I PROJECT PROJECT
#CCP4I JOB_ID 13
#CCP4I SCRATCH /tmp/loretta
#CCP4I HOSTNAME hestia.sgc.ox.ac.uk
#CCP4I PID 13684

***************************************************************************
* Information from CCP4Interface script
***************************************************************************
The program run with command: python -u /usr/local/ccp4/6.2.0/ccp4-6.2.0/bin/buccaneer_pipeline -stdin
has failed with error message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/ccp4/6.2.0/ccp4-6.2.0/bin/buccaneer_pipeline", line 3, in <module>
    from CCP4pipeline import Control
ImportError: No module named CCP4pipeline
***************************************************************************


----------
From: Tim Gruene 

Hi Frank,

it may not be the python binary itself but the PYTHONPATH which is
incorrectly set. After initialising ccp4, mine reads
       tg@slartibartfast:~$ echo $PYTHONPATH
       /xtal/Suites/CCP4/ccp4-6.2.0/share/python:
which is modified around line 231 in $CBIN/include/ccp4.setup

My python binary is /usr/bin/python, and I have used buccaneer without
errors.

Tim
> *Run&View Com File: *
> python -u /usr/local/ccp4/6.2.0/ccp4-6.2.0/bin/buccaneer_pipeline -stdin
>
>
> *Logfile*
- --
- --
Dr Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie
Tammannstr. 4
D-37077 Goettingen




----------
From: Frank von Delft

Mine reads:
/usr/local/ccp4/6.2.0/ccp4-6.2.0/share/python:/usr/local/ccpnmr/ccpnmr1.0/python

That should work, right?  Where else can I look, for the failing import?  This is a lettuce-fresh install, pulled straight off web and installed with all defaults.

Cheers
phx.

----------
From: Tim Gruene


And you do have read access to
/usr/local/ccp4/6.2.0/ccp4-6.2.0/share/python/CCP4pipeline.py
(on our installation, the mode is actually 755, but I suppose 644 should
be sufficient).
You can set PYTHONVERBOSE to 1 or higher in the shell you start ccp4i
from to see what python is doing ('man python').




No comments:

Post a Comment