Saturday 22 October 2011

Database access failure during program execution SOLVED

Dear All,
The .def file was absent in the CCP4_DATABASE sub folder (in the
project directory) which resulted in the error. I am not sure how it
happened.  I copied the def file from another system and pasted in
that folder and now it is running.
 I even made a new project under a new directory and it is also running now.
Thanks for all who gave valuable suggestions.

Jobi



On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Jobichen Chacko <jobichenc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I even tried to remove the whole ccp4i directory and installed it
> fresh using the same tar file. But this problem is recurring again. It
> seems some bug is already installed in the system which prevents the
> execution of the program.
>
> I searched in the CCP4 page and found some info. That page suggests to
> download two files (database-lock.tcl and taskwindow-lock.tcl)  into
> the src directory. But it seems like I need to edit that files.I
> downloaded those files into my src and it is not resolving this
> issue.I am also skeptical whether this works for my latest version
> (6.2.0)
>
> Jobi
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Ed Pozharski <epozh001@umaryland.edu> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 17:36 -0500, Jon Schuermann wrote:
>>> If I'm not mistaken it is caused by /tmp/'username' not existing or
>>> being writable...
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>
>>
>> I can't reproduce this behavior by removing writing permissions
>> from /tmp/$USER.  ccp4i starts without a complaint (I guess I'd get into
>> trouble if I were actually to try to run, say, a refmac job).
>>
>> --
>> Oh, suddenly throwing a giraffe into a volcano to make water is crazy?
>>                                                Julian, King of Lemurs
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment