Tuesday 17 April 2012

anyone scrapping an Raxis-IV?


From: Peter Moody
Date: 17 April 2012 09:58

Is anyone about to "re-cycle" a Rigaku RAXIS-IV?
One of the inverters that power the erase lamps in ours is smoking, and
Rigaku have not been able to source a replacement for us, hence the message to the BB.

Our machine was made in November 1996 and uses the type of inverter  connected with four pairs of wires (Rigaku can source the more recent 3-pair types).  I can give more detail, pictures etc. but would not want to clutter up your inboxes.

This is not the first of these inverters to fail, so it would also be nice to find a source so we can keep going with it a while longer.
By "we" of course  I mean "I", as is the machine I  play with whilst more serious people collect data on our more modern system, I clarify this just in case anyone should think my colleagues here are also stuck in the 20th century....



Thanks, Peter



No comments:

Post a Comment