Wednesday 11 January 2012

ccp4 on Win7 'clipper::Message_fatal'-Solved


From: Yuri <yuri.pompeu@ufl.edu>

Seems to be working now.
I wish the error message was a little more indicative of the actual problem for the not-so-intelligent like myself!
(which turned out to have a simple fix here)
That could have saved some time, and spared you from looking into something this obvious!
Thank you for the help!

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 16:33:14 +0000, andrey.lebedev wrote:
Yes, you are right, both "-hklin" and "-mtzin" are valid option keys.

I have reproduced your error message.
The problem is in the command line option "-colout yap-ii-77-73".

Now I must check what happens on Linux.
Meanwhile a quick fix for you: use no more than 10 characters in the box
"Modifier to append to column labels".

Does this recipe work for you?

Andrey

On 6 Dec 2011, at 14:51, Yuri wrote:

The thing is, I did not run any command myself. I was using the GUI. So the command was written for me.
Thats why I thought it was really odd that this may be a wrong command.
Obviuosly the GUI for RedHat works.

Best,


On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:14:36 +0000, andrey.lebedevwrote:
Hi Yuri

Perhaps you have used incorrect command line keys.

I have installed ccp4 using Marcins script on my Windows 7 Virtual Box.
Then I used ccp4i to run ctruncate with my test case.
"Run > Run & View Com File" showed the following command:
ctruncate -mtzin
"C:/Users/andrey/Desktop/HemH_tutorial/test_scala1.mtz" -mtzout
"C:/Ccp4Temp/HemH_4_1_mtz.tmp" -colin "/*/*/\[IMEAN,SIGIMEAN\]"
-colano "/*/*/\[I(+),SIGI(+),I(-),SIGI(-)\]"

This is different from yours (-mtzin, not -hklin):
ctruncate -hklin "C:/Ccp4Temp/oye1_77-73_3_1_mtz.tmp" -hklout "C:/Ccp4Temp/oye1_77-73_3_3_mtz.tmp" -colin "/*/*/\[IMEAN,SIGIMEAN\]" -colano "/*/*/\[I(+),SIGI(+),I(-),SIGI(-)\]" -colout yap-ii-77-73 -nres 400



Please try using ccp4i or try -mtzin instead of -hklin.
Does it work?

Andrey

On 6 Dec 2011, at 01:24, Yuri Pompeu wrote:

Dear Developers,
I was trying to get ccp4 up and running on a Windows7 pc, and even though the installation proceeds smoothly,
I cant get any task to finish succesfully.
Below is what the log file has to say about it.
I saw someone having trouble with the windows install as well. I have the installation packaged posted by Marcin installed.
Thanks for any help

* Information from CCP4Interface script

***************************************************************************
The program run with command: ctruncate -hklin "C:/Ccp4Temp/oye1_77-73_3_1_mtz.tmp" -hklout "C:/Ccp4Temp/oye1_77-73_3_3_mtz.tmp" -colin "/*/*/\[IMEAN,SIGIMEAN\]" -colano "/*/*/\[I(+),SIGI(+),I(-),SIGI(-)\]" -colout yap-ii-77-73 -nres 400
has failed with error message
CCP4MTZfile - internal error

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'clipper::Message_fatal'

***************************************************************************


#CCP4I TERMINATION STATUS 0 "CCP4MTZfile - internal error  This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. terminate called after throwing an instance of 'clipper::Message_fatal'"
#CCP4I TERMINATION TIME 05 Dec 2011  20:19:00
#CCP4I MESSAGE Task failed

--
Yuri Pompeu

--
Yuri Pompeu

No comments:

Post a Comment