Thursday 19 January 2012

installation CCP4 on Win 7

From: SUBSCRIBE CCP4BB Huo tong


Hi all:

I do not  know if any installation problem on Win7 was discussed ever on the bbs, but this problem really makes me confusing.
I download the CCP4 suit for windows on the CCP4 website(http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/download/os.php), and there is something wrong when I try to install it. After I click the installer, a DOS window jumps out but quickly closes by itself and then nothing happens.
I suspect that the installation program is stucked by something and therefore it cannot run.
Is there any advices?
I will appreciate for that!

----------
From: Marcin Wojdyr


Hi,
It's hard to tell what's the problem, perhaps the installer is corrupted and you can re-download it and try again.
You may try this one:
ftp://ftp.ccp4.ac.uk/mww/CCP4-6.2.2.msi
(it's 6.2.0 regardless the filename, the same content in new package)

Best,
Marcin

----------
From: SUBSCRIBE CCP4BB Huo tong


Thank you for all your advices!
This time the window keeps staying on the screen. It says "Program too big to fit in memory".
My PC has 2G memory, and I wonder if this memory cannot satifiy the CCP4.
If so, I think I'd rather install it on other work station.

----------
From: Marcin Wojdyr


2GB of memory should be enough.

I'd start from checking that the downloaded file is not corrupted.
I've added md5 and sha1 sums to the directory with .msi installers:
ftp://ftp.ccp4.ac.uk/mww/

You can read how to check md5 sums for example here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM#MD5SUM_on_Windows
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html

Let me know if the sums match.
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 3:26 AM
To: ccp4bb
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] installation CCP4 on Win 7

----------
From: herohonan


Thank you for your advices!
The .msi installer is really helpful. I can run the program now.

--
Tong Huo





No comments:

Post a Comment