Saturday 21 January 2012

a PDB tool

From: Dialing Pretty
Date: 3 January 2012 12:22

Dear All,
I have a PDB file starting from residue 1 to 100 for example, can you introduce me a server so that I can convert it to another PDB file starting from 200 to 300?
Cheers,
Dialing

----------
From: Vandana Kukshal
Dear
You just have to renumber the residue in coot  and save or renumbering can be done in ccp4 edit pdb module in coordinate utilities.

--
Vandana kukshal




----------
From: Antony Oliver
You can simply use the renumber residues function in Coot.  Alternatively a good text editor, with a "replace" function can achieve the same result.

Sent from my iPhone
<Newyear.png>

----------
From: Mooers, Blaine H.M. (HSC)
I use pdbeditor from sourceforge for editing pdb files. It can do a great variety of editing
tasks painlessly. It is very intuitive and can be used without reading the manual.

java binary at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdbeditorjl/
manual at http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pdbeditorjl/Manual/manual/PDBEditorManual.pdf

I stored the binary in my /Applications directory.

I made an alias to enable running the program anywhere on my computer.

alias pdbed='java -jar /Applications/PDB_Editor_FIX090203.jar'

I use it by typing the following command "pdbed filename.pdb".



**********************************************************
Blaine Mooers, Ph.D.




No comments:

Post a Comment