Saturday 18 February 2012

3 Letter for 1'-deoxyribofurnaose-5'-phosphate? - SOLVED!


From: James Stroud
Date: 27 January 2012 20:03


Hello All,

Two people named Rob told me that the the 3 letter code is "N".
Coincidentally, the old 3 letter name is "ROB".

Thank you for your help!

James




On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM, James Stroud wrote:
Hello All,

Do any of you RNA structural biologists know what is the 3 letter code for 1'-deoxyribofurnaose-5'-phosphate (abasic site in RNA)? I found that the 1'2'-dideoxy is 3DR, but could not find a lead on the 1'-deoxy. I scoured HIC-UP to no avail, which I think is the most comprehensive hetero-compound library.

If I knew what the 3 and R stood for in "3DR" I could probably guess. I'm pretty sure the "D" stands for the 2' deoxy.

Thank you for any help!

James


No comments:

Post a Comment