Saturday 11 February 2012

Building Coot with SSM


From: Paul Emsley
Date: 24 January 2012 10:03

On 23/01/12 19:49, Dale Tronrud wrote:
Hi,

   I'm having trouble building Coot on a Gentoo system.  When I try to
perform a SSM overlay I am told that I need to build the program with
libmmdbssm.  I can't find a Gentoo package that provides libmmdbssm but
there is a libmmdb and a libssm.  When "configure" runs I'm told

checking for GtkGLExt - version>= 1.0.0... yes (version 1.2.0)
checking for GLUT... yes
checking for MMDB... yes
checking for MMDB... yes
checking for MMDBSSM... yes
checking for Clipper... yes
Congratulations, you are using Guile
checking for guile... /usr/bin/guile
checking for guile-config... /usr/bin/guile-config
checking for guile-tools... /usr/bin/guile-tools

and during the compile an option is -lssm, which seems to be linking
to libssm.

   Where is the need for libmmdbssm checked for and how to I get one?

Dear Dale,

Oh dear, sorry about that.

I suppose that libssm is what you want - you can check by seeing what the package source is - I don't know how to do that on Gentoo.

(MMDB)-SSM is checked for by the mmdb-ssm.m4 macro (which gets built into configure of course).  I am afraid to say that I find the ccp4 web pages difficult to navigate when I want to find the source for recent sub-packages.

It seems to me contradictory that the configure test passes but the "recompile with libmmdbssm" message is activated.  Please send me (off-list) the config.log and we will go from there.

Regards,

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment