Friday 24 February 2012

PHENIX error: No refinement carried out (may need free R flags)


From: Naveed A Nadvi
Date: 24 February 2012 09:40


Hello Fellow PHENIX users (and others!)

I had been using PHENIX to generate iterative build composite OMIT maps. I was able to perform these runs with automated settings for two of my data. With the third one (1.2 A structure) I get an error. I am pasting a part of the message below:


*************ERROR ENDING *******************

********************************************************************************
Failed to carry out AutoBuild_multiple_models:


********************************************************************************
Sorry, a subprocess has failed...

END OF LOG FILE  ...

utoBuild  Run 1  ...

Build cycle 1 of 16   method:rebuild
Initial rebuild cycle: just combining previous models or copying
over initial PDB file

Using edited_pdb.pdb for rebuild, copied to unrefined.pdb_1
Refining model:  unrefined.pdb_1
No refinement carried out (may need free R flags)
Error message from phenix.refine:  'function' object has no attribute
'as_mtz_dataset'
Refinement failed...
*************ERROR ENDING *******************

I was able to get this error three times in a row and only for this dataset! I'm wondering if there is anything special with the resolution limit? I saw a similar post on phenixbb and I have been using a fairly recent phenix version (1.7.3-928). Can this indicate something wrong with my settings (or lack thereof) that I am doing? Is there a way to work around this? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Naveed

Faculty of Pharmacy,
University of Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment