Tuesday 13 March 2012

Problem with COOT and MSE (SeMET ) residues

From: Christopher Browning
Date: 14 February 2012 14:21


Hi,

I'm just writing to ask whether anybody has experienced the same problem
as me concerning mutation of Methionines (MET) to Seleno-Methionines
(MSE).

When I change the MET residues to MSE residues and do real space refine,
the chain goes completely bizerk and the MSE residue (and most of the
residues next to the MSE) are not fitted at all.

I use COOT 0.6.2 and refine my structure with the latest PHENIX edition.

Can anybody help....

Cheers,

Chris


----------
From: Christopher Browning

Hi Laurie,


Not much, I did not get any useful feedback so I emailed Paul Emsley
directly.....

Chris



----------
From: Shuilong Tong


Do you use CCP4-6.2? I met the similar problem before.
Try use the latest version of coot 0.7.


1 comment:

  1. I am having the same problem using the latest versions of ccp4, coot, and phenix (latest installer for windows). Chris, did you figure out a solution?

    ReplyDelete