Monday 12 March 2012

xia2 error


From: <Stephen Carr>
Date: 17 February 2012 12:54


Dear all,

I have come across an error when trying to run xia2 (version 0.3.3.1) via the ccp4 gui see below,

#CCP4I TERMINATION STATUS 0 Error from script /home/applications/CCP4-6.2.0/ccp4-6.2.0/ccp4i/scripts/xia2.script: no files matched glob pattern "*.log"
#CCP4I TERMINATION TIME 17 Feb 2012  12:49:21
#CCP4I TERMINATION OUTPUT_FILES   /home/tfr35668/Diamond_I02_17012011/Steve/process/xia2_21
#CCP4I MESSAGE Task failed

The error occurs before the program tries to read any image files and it seems to be complaining about a lack of log files before it has had a chance to write them.  Any thoughts as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.  I am running version 6.2.0 and performed a standard installation.

best wishes,

Steve

Dr Stephen Carr


----------
From: Graeme Winter


Dear Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch. It seems that for some reason the ccp4i
interface to xia2 is not currently working correctly. I will look into
this and get back to you with a fix, it currently has me confused.

Best wishes,

Graeme

----------
From: Graeme Winter


Dear Steve,

There seems to be an error in the xinfo file making logic - if you set
the project and crystal ID at the top of the GUI it works fine. If not
there is an error in the xinfo file which it seems causes xia2 to
silently exit. That's two bugs then.

Thanks again & best wishes,

Graeme


2 comments:

  1. Hi - I've downloaded the source and compiled under 64 bit RHEL 5.5 and just hit the same problem. Any idea of the fix time for these two bugs?

    Pete Standing
    DBA
    Evotec

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sorted the problem. The log file from the GUI is misleading. I checked out some of th log files in my home directory and found an entry about a missing library. I loaded libgfortan and everything seems fine now.

    Pete Standing
    DBA
    Evotec

    ReplyDelete