Monday 26 September 2011

COOT on CentOS 6 (x86_64)

From: Yuri Pompeu
Date: 12 September 2011 00:05


Hello everyone,
Could anyone tell me (or point me to) how to get COOT running on CentOS6 64-bit?
It doesnt launch due to failed dependencies, it requires packages that CentOS6 has replaced...
At least that is what it looks like to me...
Cheers,

----------
From: Paul Emsley


I would try the centos5 binaries - if that didn't work, I'd try to compile it myself (build-it-gtk2-simple).  You can try to fiddle it by linking the new library so files with the old names in coot's lib directory - but that doesn't seem like the best solution to me.

Paul.

----------
From: Yuri Pompeu


Hi Paul,
I am running the centos5 build. After a couple of yum installs it seems to be happy...

Except I cannot maximize the window for some reason.
Thanks for the reply.

Yuri


No comments:

Post a Comment