Thursday 8 September 2011

Multiple sequence alignment (vs) multiple structure alignment

From: Suda Ravindran
Date: 29 August 2011 14:28

Hello,

I am looking at insertions/deletions occurring at various places in my protein and also I want to map the active site residues. I have performed Multiple sequence alignment as well as multiple structure based alignment for my protein of study. I have obtained different alignment patterns in sequence and structural alignment. My question is which alignment pattern should I consider? Whether to go for insertions/deletions as per the sequence alignment or based on structure. And why should I prefer it? Which is more reliable? I would like to study the evolutionary pattern of my protein.

Please help me out,,,,

Thanks,

-Suda

No comments:

Post a Comment