Wednesday 23 November 2011

REFMAC number of reflections


From: Ed Pozharski
Date: 1 November 2011 18:28



I am absolutely sure this has been discussed before, and I have just
re-convinced myself that refmac reports the number of reflections in
just the working set, and not the total number of reflections.  So my
question is

Is there a reason why the PDB ADIT tool imports the Nwork from the
refmac pdb file and inserts it as a total?  I mean, it does read both
Nwork and Nfree, why not just combine them?

Or perhaps what the ADIT tool says about the parameter (it explicitly
states that it should include *all* reflections) is misleading, and the
REMARK 3 values are software dependent?  Did this behavior change
recently (on either side) or I simply never noticed this before?

It also seems that structures refined with phenix get the Ntotal
deposited, not the Nwork.

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                              Julian, King of Lemurs

No comments:

Post a Comment